If you happen to be injured in a car accident because of someone else’s negligence, the money you need to pay your medical bills and expenses might not be guaranteed coverage.
It’s important to know when you should be hiring a personal injury attorney and when it isn’t necessary. Hiring one when not needed is a waste of time and money, and won’t be something accepted in court.
Insurance companies and the legal terms associated with them help minimize the settlement claims in a bodily injury case. This puts you at a major disadvantage if you take on this challenge without professional assistance.
When You Should Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
You should be hiring a personal injury lawyer under the following circumstances:
- You suffered injuries that resulted in long-term repercussions.
- The driver responsible for your injuries is uninsured.
- You and the opposing driver is in dispute over who was responsible.
- You’re feeling pressured by claims to agreeing to a quick settlement; a fast settlement usually overpowers that of a fair settlement, resulting in rash decisions made in the agreement.
- You feel like you’re not being compensated the full amount you deserve for any current or future medical costs that were a result of your injuries.
When You Shouldn’t Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
You Shouldn’t be hiring a personal injury lawyer if the injuries from your car accident are minor. Hiring an injury lawyer for something as simple as small bruises and abrasions will not be acceptable.
A personal injury lawyer can help you in navigating the legal process without the loss of any money you may be entitled to.
If you decide not to hire an injury attorney and accept the offer of your car insurance company, your settlement will obtained a lot faster. However, it could be an unfair amount of the compensation you deserve. On the other hand, if you do decide hire one and fight your case in court, it might take a bit longer. But you’ll most likely receive the payment you deserve. In fact, in areas with a high population, a verdict that’s issued up to four years after the initial date of the accident isn’t uncommon.
Make sure you’re aware of your situation and if a personal injury attorney is needed and you’ll be getting the help and payment that’s rightfully yours. Being the victim of someone else’s carelessness shouldn’t be accompanied by being treated unfairly in a financial matter.
Don’t hesitate to seek out the help of a qualified, experienced lawyer who can provide you with the knowledge and capability to walk you through your case and give you the undivided attention you need.